Save money by adding PWR to mortar/concrete mixes for all your repairs, tuckpointing, and rebuilds! Adding ChimneySaver® Powdered Water Repellent (PWR) makes mortar/concrete permanently waterproof. This means no return trip to waterproof the chimney. When tuckpointing, just add PWR to your mortar mix.
- Permanent Water Repellent Protection
- Masonry Walls Can Be Waterproofed the Same Day!
- Will Not Alter Surface Color or Appearance
- Mixes Easily With Dry Mortar and/or Cement
- Helps Control Efflorescence
- Coverage Rate: Each Container Treats 480 lbs of Mix
- Available Sizes: One Pound Recyclable Container
- Application Temperatures: Minimum 40° F
- Application Method: Add Powder to Mortar and/or Cement Before Adding Water
- Dry Time: Once Mixed, Use Immediately
- Cleanup: Soap & Water
Simply mix 1 oz. of PWR per round point shovel of dry ingredients — or one ounce per 15 pounds of bagged, pre-mixed mortar/concrete. A measuring scoop is included. One container is enough to treat 480 lbs. of mortar/concrete mix.
When the mortar is thumb print hard, (that’s when you can press your thumb into it and it won’t leave your thumb print) you can treat the chimney with ChimneySaver Water-Base Water Repellent.